The 0xc00000e9 error is a problem that's caused by the "registry" of Windows not working correctly. This issue is a major problem because it prevents Windows computers from being able to boot up, citing some sort of "errors" with the I / O system that it has. The way this problem normally materializes is that Windows will just show a black screen, with the error message written on it. The message will say that Windows could not boot because the I / O settings inside are not loading properly – leading your PC to run much slower and with a lot of problems. To fix this issue, you have to be able repair the various issues that will be leading the 0xc00000e9 error to appear.
The ways to resolve this problem include:
- You should clean out the registry of your PC
- You need to make sure that Windows can read the files it requires to operate
- Your have to ensure that Windows can have its startup programs repaired
In order to repair the 0xc00000e9 error, you need to first make sure that you can fix the startup options of your PC, as well as then clean out any of the registry problems that your system may have.
How To Fix The 0xc00000e9 Error
1) Perform A "Startup Repair" Of Windows
- Restart your PC
- Insert the Windows installation disk
- Make the PC load from the disk
- Select "Startup Repair"
- Let Windows run the repair
2) Load Up Into Safe Mode & Update The Drivers Of Your PC
You should load up into safe mode to stop Windows from trying to load up any of the software / drivers which could be preventing your system from running correctly. To do this, follow these steps:
- Restart your PC
- Press F8 continually to help Windows load
- When the "Boot Options" menu appears, select "Safe Mode With Networking"
- Download & Run "Driver Finder"
- Let this program update the drivers on your PC
- Restart your system
3) Clean The Registry Of Windows
The registry is basically a large database inside your computer, which stores important information & options for your PC. This is one of the main reasons why the 0xc00000e9 error will form, and is consequently one of the most important parts of your system that you have to fix. To do this, you can just use a registry cleaner tool to scan through your system and fix any of the possible issues that it may have inside. Our recommendation is a program called Frontline Registry Cleaner for this job, which has worked each time our clients have had this problem.